|Subscribe to our YouTubeChannel|
The South Korean military said that North Korea attempted to launch an intercontinental ballistic missile on Thursday but was unsuccessful. Washington has urged all countries to impose sanctions on Pyongyang. The latest launches from the North, which comprised two short-range missiles and came after a barrage of missiles launched on Wednesday, were told to take cover in several areas of northern Japan. But the biggest launch on Thursday “is likely to have ended in failure,” according to the South Korean military.
Despite the ICBM launch seeming to fail, the US denounced it.
The South Korean military previously said it had discovered the launch of the long-range ballistic missile at roughly 7:40 am (2240 GMT Wednesday). Washington also corroborated the South Korean military’s intelligence.
The ICBM looked to have failed at “second stage separation,” according to Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The military said that the long-range ballistic missile had a range of around 760 kilometres, an altitude of 1,920 kilometres, and a speed of Mach 15.
Additionally, it found evidence of “believed to be two short-range ballistic missiles launched at around 08:39 am from Kaechon, South Pyongan province.”
The military of South Korea, according to the statement, “is maintaining a full readiness posture while closely coordinating with the US and intensifying monitoring and vigilance.”
“The most awful price”
On Wednesday, Pyongyang launched over 20 missiles, one of which came down close to South Korea’s territorial seas.
On Wednesday, one short-range ballistic missile violated the de facto maritime boundary known as the Northern Limit Line, leading President Yoon Suk-yeol to refer to it as “essentially a territorial invasion.”
The launches coincide with the largest-ever combined air exercises between Seoul and Washington, in which hundreds of jets from both sides participated.
The exercise, known as Vigilant Storm, has been labelled “an aggressive and provocative military practise targeting the DPRK” by Pyongyang, which has also threatened that Seoul and Washington would “pay the most horrific price in history” if it goes on.
The Japanese government issued a particular caution to inhabitants of northern areas to remain home or seek shelter after Tokyo confirmed Thursday’s launches.
Kim Jong Un’s latest missile launches might result in Pyongyang conducting its seventh nuclear test, as Washington and Seoul have repeatedly warned.