Cupertino, California — Apple today announced AirPods Max, innovative wireless headphones that bring the magic of AirPods to an over-ear design with high-fidelity sound. AirPods Max combine a custom acoustic design, H1 chips, and advanced software to power computational audio for a breakthrough listening experience with Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio. AirPods Max are available five gorgeous colors, including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, and pink, and are available to order starting today, with availability beginning Tuesday, December 15.
“AirPods are the foremost popular headphones within the world, beloved for his or her effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic design. With AirPods Max, we are bringing that magical AirPods experience to a shocking over-ear design with high-fidelity audio,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice chairman of Worldwide Marketing. “The custom acoustic design, combined with powerful H1 chips, and advanced software enable AirPods Max to use computational audio to wirelessly deliver the last word personal listening experience.”
Custom Acoustic Design
From the cover to the ear cushions, every a part of AirPods Max is carefully crafted to supply exceptional acoustic performance for every user. The breathable knit mesh canopy, spanning the scarf , is formed to distribute weight and reduce on-head pressure. The chrome steel headband frame provides strength, flexibility, and luxury for a good sort of head shapes and sizes. Telescoping headband arms smoothly extend and stay in situ to take care of the specified fit.
Each ear cup attaches to the scarf through a revolutionary mechanism that balances and distributes ear cup pressure, and allows it to independently pivot and rotate to suit the unique contours of a user’s head. Each ear cushion uses acoustically engineered memory foam to make an efficient seal — a critical think about delivering immersive sound. The Digital Crown, inspired by Apple Watch, offers precise volume control and therefore the ability to play or pause audio, skip tracks, answer or end phone calls, and activate Siri.
Breakthrough Listening Experience
AirPods Max feature a 40-mm Apple-designed dynamic driver that gives rich, deep bass, accurate mid-ranges, and crisp, clean high-frequency extension so every note are often heard. a singular dual neodymium ring magnet motor allows AirPods Max to take care of total harmonic distortion of but 1 percent across the whole audible range, even at maximum volume.1 Equipped with an Apple-designed H1 contribute each ear cup, a custom acoustic design, and advanced software, AirPods Max use computational audio to deliver the very best quality listening experience possible. Utilizing each of the chips’ 10 audio cores — capable of 9 billion operations per second — computational audio powers a breakthrough listening experience that has Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio.
• Adaptive EQ: AirPods Max use Adaptive EQ to regulate the sound to the fit and seal of the ear cushions by measuring the sound signal delivered to a user and adjusting the low and mid-frequencies in real time — bringing rich audio that captures every detail.
• Active Noise Cancellation: AirPods Max deliver immersive sound through Active Noise Cancellation so users can specialise in what they’re taking note of . Each ear cup features three outward-facing microphones to detect environmental noise, while one microphone inside the ear cup monitors the sound reaching the listener’s ear. Using computational audio, noise cancellation continuously adapts to the headphone fit and movement in real time.
• Transparency Mode: With AirPods Max, users can switch to Transparency mode to simultaneously hear music while hearing the environment around them — ensuring everything, including a user’s own voice, sounds natural while audio plays perfectly. Switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode are often through with one press using the noise control button.
• Spatial Audio: AirPods Max use spatial audio with dynamic head tracking to put sounds virtually anywhere during a space — delivering an immersive, theaterlike experience for content recorded in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos. Using the gyroscope and accelerometer in AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad, spatial audio tracks the motion of a user’s head also because the device, compares the motion data, then remaps the sound field so it stays anchored to the device, whilst the user’s head moves.
The Magic of AirPods
AirPods Max join the prevailing AirPods family in delivering unparalleled wireless audio, whether a customer is taking note of music, making phone calls, enjoying TV shows and films , playing games, or interacting with Siri. The magical setup experience customers love with today’s AirPods and AirPods Pro extends to AirPods Max with one-tap setup, followed by automatic pairing with all the devices signed in to a user’s iCloud account, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.
AirPods Max automatically detect once they are on a user’s head using the optical and position sensors. Once in situ , AirPods Max play audio and may pause once removed or when the user simply lifts one ear cup. With AirPods Max, voice calls and Siri commands are crisp and clear thanks to beam-forming microphones that block out ambient noise and specialise in the user’s voice.
Battery and Performance
AirPods Max feature great battery life with up to twenty hours of high-fidelity audio, talk time, or movie playback with Active Noise Cancellation and spatial audio enabled.2
AirPods Max accompany a soft, slim Smart Case that puts AirPods Max in an ultralow power state that helps to preserve battery charge when not in use.
• Automatic switching allows users to seamlessly move sound between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. When playing music on Mac, users can easily take a turn iPhone and AirPods Max will automatically switch .
• Audio Sharing makes it possible to simply share an audio stream between two sets of AirPods on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV 4K. Simply bring AirPods Max near the device and connect with one tap.
• Siri capabilities include the power to play music, make phone calls, control the quantity , get directions, and more. Siri also can read incoming messages as they arrive with Announce Messages with Siri.