While any effort to support the cause is commendable and equally lauded by netizens, the sum of Rs 1 lakh donation by one of the wealthiest cricketers in the world did not feel well to fight the COVID-19.

Master Blaster’s Sachin Tendulkar donated Rs 50 lakh to fight the COVID-19 pandemic on Friday, which has taken 35 Indian lives, recovered 124, infected 1397, and wreaked havoc worldwide.

After the declaration by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman of an economic relief package worth Rs 1.7 lakh crore to support the low tide of financial misery resulting from the pan-India lockout, sportsmen around the nation have jumped in to do their bit to aid those in need.

Also Read:  Happy Birthday Pooja Hegde: Shyam says birthday wishes to Radha


Tendulkar’s donation has so far been the greatest gift among India’s leading sportsmen, some of whom have pledged their earnings, while a few others have donated medical equipment to fight the devastating disease, which has triggered more than 39,000 deaths worldwide.

In his attempt to enter the war against COVID-19, Sachin Tendulkar agreed to donate Rs 25 lakh each to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund and the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. It was his determination that he decided to donate to both funds, “he said on terms of anonymity.

Also Read:  BJP’s 40th foundation day: PM Narendra Modi requests party members to help the needy amid COVID-19 outbreak

Tendulkar has been active in a number of charity activities, and there have been hundreds of occasions, he has taken up social projects, supported those who have never been brought to public attention.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here